On-site Professional Development Grant
ACM's On-site Professional Development Grant was created to financially assist the maximum number of students possible. With nearly 60 years of experience mentoring students and expanding their global awareness, ACM is convinced that the highest benefit comes from host family living.
In exchange for 12-15 hours of work per week, students will receive the following amounts per semester towards their homestay costs, depending on their homestay arrangement. A demi-pension homestay includes lodging, daily breakfasts, and six dinners per week. A semi-independent homestay includes lodging only, and students are responsible for all meals. Students who choose to forego ACM’s homestay options and live independently are not eligible for ACM’s On-site Professional Development Grant.
|Tier||Fall||Spring||*Summer||Year Total||Application of Funds|
|Tier1**||$2,500||$2,500||$1,250||up to $6,500||In exchange for 15 hours of work per week periods.|
|Tier 2||$2,000||$2,000||$900||up to $4,900||In exchange for 12 hours of work per week periods.|
- *Students must be enrolled and remain in Aix for 6-week session to be eligible for summer grant funds.
- **Tier 1 is ONLY available to students participating in a demi-pension homestay.
- Tier 2 is available to students participating in independent or residence housing.
- Students awarded the On-site Professional Development Grant must be approved by their advisor to continue in the program for the second semester.
- Those interested in moving down a tier may do so after completion of their first semester. Those awarded Tier 1 who choose to live independently their second semester will automatically move to Tier 2.
Eligible students will decide on their duties together with faculty, staff and students to fulfill various tasks throughout their term including:
- IT assistance for the ACM computer labs
- Event preparations (orientation, receptions, lecture series, etc.)
- Study tour and field studies support
- Social media correspondent for the ACM US Office
- Clerical duties as needed by the on-site staff (copying, printing, filing, etc.)
Please Note: Students awarded the On-site Professional Development Grant must be approved by their advisor to continue in the program for subsequent semesters.