Apply using the Common App today!
Admission to the ACM bachelor's program is based on a review of the following items:
To be considered, applicants must have (or will have earned) a high school diploma, or its equivalent by the time of enrollment into the program. A phone or internet conversation with an ACM admissions team member may be required to gather additional information from applicants.
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcript or Course-by-Course Evaluation (If Applicable)
- Personal Essay
- Extracurricular Activities
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
Begin your undergraduate application using the Common App. You can also review the application guides for:
Students are required to mail in an official hard copy of their transcript to the address below or submit an official electronic copy to email@example.com. Students have the option to upload an unofficial copy to their MyACM account that ACM will use to review their application, however, acceptance is conditional upon receiving the official hard or electronic copy. If the student is currently enrolled in a high school or secondary institution, ACM requires that the student send a final official transcript after they graduate with completed courses and graduation date listed.
Degrees Earned Outside of the United States:
Students who earned a degree from an institution outside the United States are required to submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation (also called a foreign credential evaluation) as part of their application. Students can choose to submit a course-by-course evaluation from one of the following evaluation services.
- World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. (JSA)
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company (SpanTran)
- Foreign Academic Credential Service (FACS)
Official course-by-course transcript evaluations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
ACM does not require ACT/SAT scores for admittance. However, students may share their official ACT and/or SAT score with ACM for additional consideration.
ACT scores - ACM's code is 7925
SAT scores - ACM's code is 7611
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
As part of the online application, applicants are asked to list any extracurricular activities that they have participated in during their high school career. This includes professional, athletic, artistic, individual/team, volunteer, religious, academic, or other types of activities (be creative!):
- Activity type
- Organization Name
- Position/Leadership description
- Years of participation
- Timing of participation (during the school year, during school break, all year)
- Hours spent per week
- Weeks spent per year
- What you accomplished and any recognition you received
- Whether or not you intend to participate in a similar activity at ACM
Letters of Recommendation
One letter of recommendation must be submitted via email to email@example.com. These recommendations can be done by a teacher, professor, advisor, supervisor, employer, or someone who can speak to the applicant's strengths as a student and a person. Letters must be emailed by the individual writing the recommendation.
NOTE: Letters of recommendations are waived for IAU alumni.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English, unless they have been attending an English-speaking school/university for at least 3 years, must submit an official TOEFL score or IELTS English language proficiency exam. ACM requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. This requirement may be waived by ACM's U.S. Office of Admissions under certain circumstances.
The fee to apply for Spring 2024 and Fall 2024 has been waived for all applicants.