Resident Fellows Program
(UPDATED, November 18, 2021)
Applications for the Resident Fellows Program are being accepted for the spring 2023 term and beyond according to the schedule listed below.
The Resident Fellows Program at ACM-IAU is designed for visiting professors on sabbatical leave from their home institutions. Fellows can integrate into ACM-IAU's existing academic infrastructures in France and Spain which include faculty, facilities, library, and archives. Many of the past Fellows worked on books or research projects, as well as collaborated with different IAU professors and students on various projects and learning activities. Fellows do not teach at ACM-IAU. However, in exchange for the fellowship, they are asked to provide one or two guest lectures to ACM-IAU students in their area of expertise. Faculty interested in teaching should consider ACM-IAU's customized/faculty-led opportunities. The Resident Fellows Program is available at ACM-IAU's Aix-en-Provence, France and Barcelona, Spain campuses.
While at ACM-IAU, the Resident Fellow can expect to:
- Interact and consult with ACM-IAU’s experienced faculty
- Participate in select ACM-IAU courses and programs at the discretion of those faculty teaching the courses
- Promote the intellectual and cultural exchange at ACM-IAU through a series of public lectures in their field of expertise
- Conduct smaller seminars and discussions with ACM-IAU students and faculty
- Develop their own research during the Fellowship period
- Participate in various excursions to neighboring regions with students. Some examples for the Aix-en-Provence campus include day trips to Arles, Avignon, Bonnieux, La Ciotat, Nice, and Marseille.
Interested U.S. Faculty must complete the ACM-IAU Resident Fellows Application and adhere to the deadlines listed below.
- Fall semester and/or academic year: March 1
- Spring semester: August 1
- Summer term: January 15